Weekly Meal Prep for Lunch
I am not sure why but I find lunch to be a tricky meal for me to figure out, especially since I usually eat at home. I usually want something light and easy to make, as well as something that isn’t super time consuming. Sometimes it can be hard to come up with simple lunch ideas so I decided to try meal prepping! My boyfriend used to meal prep all the time when we were at university and it always really intrigued me. It is so convenient to have something already made and ready to go for every day of the week! For this week I decided to make a low calorie salad which has no more than 250-300 calories per serving! I used a large mason jar for each salad and a stacked the salad in a way where the more “watery” ingredients are at the bottom so that nothing gets wilted.
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Cherry Tomatos
- Green Onions
- Bocconcini Pearls
- Maple Leaf Natural Selections Italian Style Turkey Cold Cut
- ½ cup extra-virgin Spanish olive oil (or regular extra-virgin olive oil)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ⅛ cup white wine vinegar
- Juice from half a fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stack the salad in this order: cucumber, tomato, turkey, bocconcini, green onion, and lettuce.
- Store the dressing in sparate container.
When you are ready to eat; pour the salad dressing into the prepped mason jar, shake, and enjoy!