Recipe of the Week- Japanese Curry
So if any of you are like me, we love to try new types of food and indulge in some rice because well rice goes with everything… I can go without bread and traditional pasta with no problems but I crave some good old basmati rice from time to time and THAT IS OKAY! When you have a healthy diet 90% of the time, do not feel guilty about trying out a recipe that includes rice! You are allowed to enjoy the things you love if you do it right aka moderation and balance!
My boyfriend and I have been wanting to try Japanese Curry for a while now and last night was the night! When we try new foods, especially traditional meals from another culture we try to make it the exact same way in order to get the full experience. Japanese Curry is very simple to make and it is so delicious! It is made with a meat of your choice, carrots, potatoes, and it is served over a bed of rice. It is the perfect dish for this time of year and it is something we will be making more often. Remember that you can also substitute the rice with cauliflower rice if you are being strict with your diet.
- S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix- Mild
- Beef Cubes
- Yellow Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Medium Size Potatoes
- 3-4 Medium Size Carrots
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- Basmati Rice
- Chop your potatoes, carrots, onions, and beef into stew size pieces
- Prepare your basmati rice
- In a large skillet stir fry your veggies, meat, and oil for about 5 minutes
- Add 2 1/4 cups of water, bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover for 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender
- Add the S&B Golden Curry Sauce Mix cubes, once melted, let simmer for another 5 minutes and stir continuously.
- Serve and enjoy!