Pan-Seared Tuna With Cauliflower Fried Rice
I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season!
Cauliflower rice has become a staple in our meals because of how versatile it is; you can really do anything you want with it! It is the perfect replacement for rice or any other type of carb. We get our cauliflower rice from Costco because it comes in individual pre packaged packs which saves so much time when making meals.
Fried rice is probably one of my favourite foods but it is super high is carbs… so we made a carb free version and it is pretty dang good!
Preparation for Pan-Seared Tuna:
- 2 tuna steaks
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
– Marinate your tuna steaks for 10-15 mins
– Set your pan to medium/high heat and sear each side for 3-4 mins; we like ours to be medium rare
Preparation for Cauliflower Fried Rice:
- 2 packs of cauliflower rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 cups of broccoli (chopped)
- 1 cup of peas
- 1/2 cup of carrots (diced)
- 2-3 tbsp of low sodium soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
– In a large pan on medium/high heat bring your cauliflower rice to temperature and let all the water cook out.
– Add in your oil and veggies. Sauté until veggies are tender.
– Finish with soya sauce
I hope you guys enjoy!